Saturday 15 September 2007

Think And Grow Rich: Book :By Napolean Hill

I have known for a long time that I have some very negative habits that hold me back. In many ways, I am disorganized, easily distracted, and not very focused on my goals. Although I have tried to implement the power of positive thinking in my own life with some success, I still can't get over the feeling that something is missing. I contemplated life coaching, therapy, and various other strategies to help me reprogram myself into a more driven, successful individual, but I felt lost by the maze of different options available. There is just simply too much out there and it is impossible to evaluate all of it. How was I ever to separate the wheat from the chaff?

I finally found a book Think and Grow Rich by Napolean Hill that seemed to be universally agreed upon as a good source for learning how to build your own personal wealth. It was a volume called Think and Grow Rich, written by someone who had studied Carnegie, Rockefeller, and many of the other self-made barons of well. I knew that it wasn't a very current text, but nonetheless it seemed like the best place to start. When you can't figure out what to do, always go back to the source texts. The earlier the text, the more likely it is that it will have the information in its most pure, undiluted form.

As it turned out, Think and Grow Rich by Napolean Hill was only a starting point. It told me a lot about how various wealthy people thought, and how their thought processes contributed to their accumulation of wealth, but it wasn't enough by itself. You see, I had so many entrenched bad habits that learning how to think and grow rich seemed like too much of a task to do alone.

Nevertheless, I worked on it every day. Every time I would see myself falling into old, negative habits, I would chant some positives affirmations internally. I would make lists of all of my tasks, and I would not rest until they were all completed. I knew that, if I wanted to think and grow rich, I needed to be ruthless in my pursuit of success. Soon, it was my first priority. It hasn't been easy, but I think I have made some progress towards growing wealthy. It isn't something that will happen overnight, but I think if I put a few years into it, things will turn around for me.

Watch the Great Napoleon Hill himself! The author of the Worlds greatest book 'Think and Grow Rich'